A basic fat burning diet need not be difficult. Follow these 8 golden rules and you will be well on your way to a new you.
- If at all possible, avoid anything that is inside of a package. People centuries ago did not have these foods and it only proves that you can live without processed food (I’m also pretty sure they didn’t have an obesity problem either, but that’s another post for another time).
- Say goodbye to all sodas and juices. Though some people think that fruit juices are healthy because they have fruits, there are just too many hidden calories in these drinks from sugar and other “sweeteners”.
- You must drink water to burn fat. Though it is recommended to have at least 8 glasses of water, you may need to drink more water depending on your lean body mass.
- Focus on eating more slowly. It’s important to understand that it takes about 15 minutes before your mind tells you that you are full. So chew your food while savoring and enjoying what you are eating.
- Try to keep (at least roughly) track of your calories. The basic law holds: to lose fat, eat fewer calories than you burn. However, if you are able to just avoid junk food (rule 1) and drink plenty of water (rule 3), you will still be doing a better job than most people.
- Foods like tuna, chicken, oatmeal, eggs, whole grain breads, fruits, vegetables and nuts should make up most of the food that you eat in a day. Getting plenty of protein is key.
- Eat about 5-6 small meals a day with a healthy source of lean protein in each meal. This will keep your hunger under control.
- Important: Realize that a basic fat burning diet is only the first step to losing weight and you must also implement a legit workout program to help enhance your results.
The reason that people love to eat a lot of prepackaged, processed foods is simple: they’re convenient. Though it might take a little more effort to eat healthy foods, it *will* pay off in the future. To find these foods, my rule of thumb is to shop mainly on the perimeter of the grocery store. This is where your lean meats, milk, and fresh fruits and veggies are located. The cookies and chips and TV dinners are in the aisles.
Sometimes some people will have a hard time with letting go of sodas and juices (I was one of them). But it is much healthier and cheaper to just drink water (and occasionally green tea to help boost your metabolism).
Counting calories is very important to begin with for any basic fat burning diet plan but after a while you will realize that you begin to know your body well enough to know how much you should be eating. As your nutrition plans become more advanced, you will begin to worry a little less about calories and a little more about the types of calories (protein, carbohydrates and fat) and their ratios.
These golden rules for a basic fat burning diet will give you enough knowledge to jump start your journey to a healthier and better looking you. You should strive to stick to these rules as much as possible, but remember this, if you mess one of them up, it’s not the end of the world. Two bad meals out of 42 (6 meals per day for 7 days) will not do much to hurt your diet plan. Stay consistent and realize that focusing on long term success will be the key to finally getting that body you want.
The Diet Solution by Isabel De Los Rios
What do you think? Would you add any rules? Take any away? Let me know in the comments below!